Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dear Riley Nelson...

Dear Riley Nelson,

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to you. I have been drinking the Riley-flavored Hate-orade all season, and I can clearly see I was unfair to you. What you brought to the field against Utah State, as we were down by 11, was confidence and an ability to get the team to believe in you. The team worked harder and made plays they just weren't making with Jake Heaps as the quarterback. You put this team on your back and carried us to a 4th-quarter comeback. Utah State had no answer for your scrambling ability. After the game, when you could have said you should be the starter, you didn't. You took the high road. I don't know how the rest of the season will play out, but I am glad you had the opportunity to beat Utah State.

Sincerely,
Scott Gower
Cougaracity Contributor

No comments:

Post a Comment